The Butte County Sheriff's Office is investigating a suspicious dead body that was found Saturday morning in Oroville.
According to the Butte County Sheriff's Office, they received a call about a deceased male by a family member at around 10:30 a.m., on the 2900 block of Greenville Street.
This prompted detectives to close a portion of the street starting from Burlington Avenue and ending in Lower Wyandotte Road.
Detectives will continue to be at the scene for several hours, but residents on that street will be allowed to enter.
There is no information regarding the circumstances to the death of the male nor do they know the identity.
Action News Now was at the scene and according to a man identified as "Mike," he told us that his "brother," got shot, but law enforcement was not able to confirm if "Mike," was involved or if that was indeed his relative.
- BCSO: Suspicious death investigation in Oroville
- Authorities investigating 2 suspicious fires in Oroville
- BCSO needs your help finding a missing Oroville man
- BCSO K-9 for Veterans Program
- Police investigating "suspicious death" in Chico
- BCSO cancel pursuit with wanted felon
- BCSO: Deputy-involved Shooting, Suspect Killed
- BCSO to offer CCW license applications online
- BCSO: Lake Tahoe Man Arrested for Drugs
- BCSO Launches New Online Tool, "Citizen Rims"