Bidwell Park was covered in a sea of pink, Saturday morning.
More than 500 people walked in the “Making Strides against Breast Cancer.”
Participants started the 5K walk early this morning at 8:45.
Many were dressed from head to toe in pink for the fight against breast cancer.
Organizers say over $45,000 was raised Saturday for the American Cancer Society.
Chico resident, Janet Taylor, has been a breast cancer survivor for 19 years.
She walked Saturday with the help of some local college fraternity students.
“I think it's just knowing there are so many survivors out there. It's just wonderful to know you're not alone,” Taylor said.
Breast cancer survivors were given a medal to wear by the American Cancer Society.
- 'Fight against breast cancer' walk at Bidwell Park
- Changes for Bidwell Park Barbecuers
- Bidwell Bark filled the park
- Autism Walk and Children's Carnival are Sunday in Bidwell Park
- Walk Woof Wag Fundraiser Tomorrow at Bidwell Park
- Second annual 'Santa Shuffle' at Bidwell Park
- Caper Acres Ribbon Cutting in Bidwell Park
- No Wood Burning in Bidwell Park
- Fire prevention efforts begin in Bidwell Park
- Volunteer group consistently cleans up Bidwell Park