California State Parks crews are working to clean-up the Big Chico Creek habitat along Bidwell Mansion.
Crews are removing dead vegetation and pruning back trees and shrubs that are extending into the Sol-Wil-Le-No Avenue.
The creek-side clean-up is in effort to preserve and maintain the natural history that surrounds the mansion.
"With bidwell mansion we've got natural history and cultural history. It's a very diverse park and with the natural areas with the pairing areas along the mansion in Big Chico Creek we have to maintain it so that we can provide for the health of that," said Kirk Coon, State Park Ranger at Bidwell Mansion.
Sol-Wil-Le-No Avenue is partially closed Monday and Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m.
- State Parks cleans up Big Chico Creek along Bidwell Mansion
- Bidwell Mansion Tours Available on Fridays
- Bidwell Mansion offers Summer Program for Kids
- Bidwell Mansion Association to host "Christmas with the Bidwells"
- Volunteer group consistently cleans up Bidwell Park
- Bidwell Park rehab walkers
- Changes for Bidwell Park Barbecuers
- Bidwell Bark filled the park
- Lower Bidwell Park's fire danger
- Veterans walk in Bidwell Park