Capay, Calif -
UPDATE: 10:32 a.m. 10/23/17
The names have been released of the two people killed in the crash Sunday night in Capay.
59-year-old Toni Watson and 42-year-old William Watson were on the motorcycle when they were hit by an oncoming truck and died on scene.
UPDATE: 8:49 a.m. 10/23/17
The name has been released of the driver involved in the deadly crash on Sunday.
Kalen Souza a 20-year-old from Willows was driving his 1988 Toyota pick-up southbound on Watkins Road going about 50 mph around 5:20 p.m. Sunday.
Souza didn't see the stop sign in time and proceeded into the intersection when he collided with a 2009 Harley Davidson motorcycle.
The two people on the motorcycle were ejected from it and died on scene.
The pick-up truck overturned, but Souza was able to get out and sustained minor injuries.
The Tehama County Sheriff's Office is still waiting to hear back from the families of the deceased.
Drugs and alcohol are not believed to be factors of this crash, but it is still under investigation.
When we first reported this, we said Glenn County, but after talking to officials we learned the crash happened right on the border of both Tehama and Glenn Counties.
Two people are dead after a pickup truck collided with a motorcycle in Capay, Glenn County.
According to the CHP, they got a call about 5:20 p.m., Sunday about a collision in the intersection of Watkins and Malton Switch Road.
CHP officer Shaun Hoover said that a Toyota pickup truck was traveling southbound on Watkins Road and failed to yield at a stop sign simultaneously while a motorcycle was traveling westbound on Malton Switch Road.
No roads were closed as a result of the incident, but there was controlled traffic at times.
There is no information regarding the identities of the deceased.
This is a developing story, we will bring more information as it becomes available.
- 2 dead after vehicle collision at Capay
- One Person Dead Following Vehicle-Pedestrian Collision in Linda
- Victims Identified in Motorcycle Versus Vehicle Collision
- Red Bluff Police investigating single-vehicle collision
- Two Dead Following Fatal Collision in Susanville
- Redding man dead after motorcycle collision
- Traffic/Weather Alert: multi vehicle collision on Highway 149
- Victim Identified in Fatal Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Collision
- Victim Identified in Amtrak Vs. Vehicle Collision in Dorris
- Fatal Pedestrian Versus Vehicle Collision on Larkin Road