If you missed the Almond Bowl on Friday night, October 20, you missed a lot of fun, but you also missed one of the most beautiful renditions of our National Anthem I have ever heard.
The Pleasant Valley High School Choir and the Choir from Chico High sang the National Anthem together.
It was unbelievable, perfect harmony. As I listened and recorded I saw no players on bended knee. It was true patriotism by the students and the crowd that went wild after the performance.
I tweeted the performance on Friday, but if you don't follow me on twitter, take a listen. You'll want to hear it over and over.
It's a great testament to the wonderful music being taught in our schools in the Chico Unified School District.
Ryan Heimlich is the Music Director at Pleasant Valley High School and Jenise Coon is the music teacher at Chico High.
I know both departments can always use moral and financial encouragement. Enjoy and share. Forget the score that night. Everyone won.
- Chico rivals sing National Anthem in perfect harmony
- National Anthem performance strikes "Who sang it best?"
- Chico State Presents ‘A Grand Night for Singing’
- Enloe Vs. Anthem Blue Cross : What's Next?
- Veterinarian sings to his furry patients
- American gold medalist kneels during national anthem at the Pan Am Games
- Cali’flour in Chico getting national attention
- Chico students prepare for national school walkout
- Chico students celebrate National Pink Shirt Day
- 'National School Walkout' planned, Chico students participating