It's nearing the end of October which means college basketball season is right around the corner, and it's not too early to get to know who will be taking you all the way to March.
Chico State men's head coach Greg Clink enters his tenth season at the helm and there's no better way to ease his players into the new year than with the seventh annual Red/White Scrimmage, an event open to the public.
The Wildcats showcased their new squad in front of friends, family and alumni Saturday afternoon at Acker Gym.
Coach Clink explains why he enjoys the event.
"It's a great way for the guys to invite their families and friends, to get a glimpse of what we're about this year. This group - the chemistry, the character - it's not only a group of really good basketball players, but just tremendous people. They show up ready to work and toget better every day, so they're a real joy to be around," said Clink.
Chico State is fresh off a season in which they won a West Region title and advanced to the Elite 8.
Four All-CCAA Conference performers return including Jalen McFerren, Isaiah Ellis, Cory Silverstrom and Justin Briggs.
The season tips off November 10th at the CCAA/Pac West Conference Challenge tournament.
Chico State has two exhibition games coming up on the road against Pac-12 foes, Stanford and Arizona.
- Chico State men's basketball team hosts Red/White Scrimmage
- Chico State hosts panel to discuss homelessness
- Chico State hosting a 24-hour fundraising effort
- Chico State Hosts "Wildcats Vote" Campaign Forum
- Transgender Student Kicked Off Basketball Team in Red Bluff
- Simpson University to Host North State All-Star Basketball Games
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- Chico State volleyball team sweeps San Francisco State
- Pleasant Valley Boys Basketball Team Captures State Title
- Chico State women's soccer team blanks Monterey Bay 4-0