SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY, Calif. - Officials are searching for four people who went missing after two boats collided and sank at Moabi Regional Park on Sept. 1.
One of the boats was carrying 10 people and the other was carrying six. Of the people on board, 10 were injured and another four have not been found.
Helicopters, dive teams and boats have not been able to locate the missing people.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation, but low-light conditions are thought to have played a role.
A spokesperson for the Mohave County Sheriff's Office said that none of the boaters were wearing life jackets when the collision occurred.
- 4 People Missing Following Boat Crash at Moabi Regional Park
- People Enjoy Free Boating Day at Thermalito Forebay
- Labor Day Boating Safety
- 30 dead, 200 missing after boat sinking on Congo lake
- 3 rescued, 1 missing after boat capsized off California
- Man dies in crash near boat ramp, waste management facility
- Missing Upper Bidwell Park hiker found
- Boating Safety on Local Waterways
- Hong Kong bus crash kills 18 people
- Two People Die in Yuba County Crash