CHICO, Calif. - Coming up, Saturday, Dec. 7 marks the 32nd Butte County Toy Run, with some changes.
The Butte County toy run began in 1987 with the purpose of helping children in need. The toy run has generated hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations, and thousands of toys that are distributed throughout the county.
The toys and teen gift cards are given out at Christmas, but the majority of the toy run's proceeds are doled out for school clothes and shoes throughout the year.
Usually, there are hundreds of motorcyclists that participate in a ride from Chico to Magalia, but because of high winds, that will not be happing this year for safety concerns.
Instead, there will be a toy drive drop off at the Sierra Steele Harley Davidson on Mangrove. All other festivities will be happening as planned.
Admission to this event is one new toy or gift card per person, and the owners of all makes and models of motorcycles are welcomed.
There is poker run starting at 11 a.m., the buy-in is $5, commemorative T-shirts and pins are sold at the start. Free coffee and doughnuts are provided at sign-ups at 9:30 a.m. at the Chico Silver Dollar Fairgrounds.
The Butte County Toy Run has a Facebook page where they will be posting updates, CLICK HERE.
- 32nd annual Butte County Toy drive happening with some changes
- Toys for Tots toy drive happening in Chico
- CHP Holds Annual Holiday Toy Drive
- Seventh annual Amber Grove toy drive
- More than 300 bikers join the Butte County toy drive
- Butte County Annual Bike Giveaway
- Butte County Toy run is Saturday
- Butte County Toy Run is Saturday
- CHP Kicks off Annual Chips for Kids Toy Drives
- CHiP's for Kids Toy Drive