PARADISE, Calif. - Paradise police arrested three men for various charges, including possession of heroin and methamphetamine, after a traffic stop.
It happened Saturday, Mar. 16, 2019 just after 9:00 a.m. at the intersection of Bille Rd. and Vista Knolls Dr.
Police saw a blue Chevy Caprice without a front license plate, and discovered that it had not been registered since 2016.
They pulled over 46-year-old driver Patrick Contreras. Two passengers were also in the car.
Contreras was driving with a suspended license because of a previous D-U-I. He was on Post Release Community Supervision (PRCS) for an auto theft charge. He was cited for violating his PRCS terms and was released at the scene.
33-year-old passenger Robert Sweet was arrested for outstanding warrants for burglary and felony assault. Later it was discovered that he had heroin hidden in his underwear, so he was arrested for possession of narcotics as well as for his previous warrants.
18-year-old Joseph Riley was searched and discovered to be in possession of methamphetamine and a meth pipe. He was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and narcotics paraphernalia and was taken to the Butte County Jail, along with Sweet.
- 3 men arrested during Paradise traffic stop
- Chico traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Two Wanted Felons Arrested During Traffic Stop
- Traffic stop ends in drug bust, arrests
- Paradise traffic stops result in drug-related charges
- Paradise prowler arrest
- Traffic alert: One-way traffic controls on Skyway in Paradise
- Traffic Alert for the town of Paradise
- Traffic stop leads to arrest in attempted cell phone robbery
- Humboldt County Sheriffs Deputies arrest 3 after traffic stop