LOS ANGELES (AP) - Police say a driver was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence after a fiery crash in Los Angeles that killed three people and left three others critically injured.
The Los Angeles Fire Department says an adult, child and infant were killed in Friday night's crash in South Los Angeles. Three other people, including another child, were critically injured.
Witnesses told KABC-TV they saw a man crash into a van that was carrying five people.
The fiery crash was caught on cell phone video, which showed both vehicles engulfed in flames as firefighters rushed to extinguish the blaze.
Police said the driver of the car, who was among those injured, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Authorities did not immediately provide any additional information.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 3 killed, 3 others injured in fiery Los Angeles crash
- 5, including girl, injured in Los Angeles balcony collapse
- Los Angeles police officers deliver baby
- Caught on camera: Los Angeles purse snatcher
- Pro-life rally held in Los Angeles
- Harvey Weinstein statement art in Los Angeles
- Chico rape suspect arrested in Los Angeles
- Injured crewman sues boat owner for fiery disaster at sea
- Fiery truck wreck on California highway kills at least 4
- Fiery tanker crash kills 2, closes US Highway 20 in Sierra