Italian police released a video on Saturday showing the commuter train passing through the station of Pioltello Limito and hitting the side of the platform causing sparks seconds before it derailed.
At least three people were killed and 13 seriously injured on Thursday when the train carrying some 250 people along a busy commuter route derailed near Milan in northern Italy, regional authorities said.
A spokesperson for Trenord, the train's operators said the train had been traveling at a normal speed as it approached the station.
The head of Milan police said an investigation had been opened, with railway police interrogating the train driver.
- 3 killed, 13 injured after Italy train derailment
- BREAKING: 3 confirmed deaths in Washington train derailment
- High speed Amtrak train derails near Tacoma, Wash.
- Redding man killed by train
- Amtrak Train Collides with Car, Killing One
- Woman Killed By Train in Chico
- Redding Police investigating man killed by train
- UPDATE: 13 killed in helicopter crash after Mexican quake
- Chico sons of Italy hoping to set new Meatball Record
- Survivor of Italy bridge collapse: 'I flew away'