CHICO, Calif. - Three clerks were cited in Chico Tuesday after police said they were caught selling tobacco products to minors.
The citations were the result of a youth decoy program. Under the supervision of officers, minors attempted to purchase tobacco or vape products from 15 licensed tobacco businesses in Chico.
The following establishments were cited for selling tobacco products to minors:
- Cigarette City (1722 Mangrove Avenue #27, Chico)
- Exhale Tobacco (337 Nord Avenue, Chico)
- Hi Five Tobacco (1414 Park Avenue, Chico)
Minor Decoy operations have been conducted by local law enforcement throughout the state since the 1980s.
The Chico Police Department said it will continue to conduct periodic compliance checks in the area.
- 3 businesses cited for selling tobacco to minors in Chico
- Tobacco Free in 2018
- Chico man charged with sextrafficking a minor
- 1 Felon Arrested, 2 Cited For Allegedly Buying Alcohol For Minors in Redding
- Car crashes into Chico business
- Chico Businesses Attend Cannabis Panel
- Chico minor recovered in major FBI child trafficking bust
- Chico sex offender arrested on charges of contacting minor
- Local Teens Stand up Against Tobacco Use
- Big Anti-Tobacco Grant Coming to Chico Unified for Prevention Efforts