ANDERSON, Calif. - Multiple law enforcement agencies conducted a sex offender operation during the Halloween holiday, resulting in the arrests of three men.
According to the Anderson Police Department, they conduct this operation every year to make sure sex offenders are compliant with certain rules during Halloween.
“Operation Boo” has been around for 25 years and it asks sex offenders on parole to have a curfew of 5-10 p.m., with all their exterior lights of the home turned off, they cannot offer candy and their house can’t be decorated, officials said.
Thirty, sex offenders in Anderson and Redding were checked on by officers and three were arrested for violating the conditions mentioned.
The arrests included:
• Michael Lee Vaughn, age 55, of Shingletown
• Donald Winzel Clovis Jr., age 55, of Anderson
• Sebastian Desean Frank Schneible, age 23, of Redding
The agencies that helped in this operation were the Anderson Police Department's Problem Oriented Policing Unit, the Redding Police Department's Neighborhood Patrol Unit, the Shasta County Probation Department, the Shasta County Marshal's Officer and the California Department of Corrections Adult Parole Unit.
- 3 Sex Offenders Arrested During Shasta County Multi-Agency Operation
- Humboldt County sex offender arrested with narcotics
- Placer County Sheriffs Arrest Sex Offender
- Multi-Agency Operation Arrests Several People Involved in Susanville Gang: LCSO
- Wanted Sex Offender Arrested in Oroville
- Shasta County Debuts Chronic Offender Accountability Program
- Redding NPU arrests sex offender for probation violation
- Chico sex offender arrested on charges of contacting minor
- Shasta County Chronic Offender to Appear in Court
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest