SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Three North State firefighters are among those honored during the California Firefighters Memorial Ceremony in Sacramento.
The weekend event recognizes first responders who gave their lives in service. Firefighters from around the state participated in the annual ceremony, as well as Governor Gavin Newsom.
"Each and every one of them came from different departments," Newsom said. "They hailed from different walks of life, but they share in each of them the same heart of public servant, they share the same conviction, they share the same bravery, and now they share a permanent place on this wall for making the ultimate sacrifice of service to our state."
34 names were added to the memorial this year including Redding firefighter Jeremy Stoke, Redding Fire Chief Gerry Gray, and Chico firefighter Joseph Duran.
- 3 North State firefighters honored during California Firefighters Memorial
- North State Firefighters Honor Fallen Cal Fire Mechanic
- Fallen firefighter honored in Chico
- 3 Redding Firefighters added to Fallen Firefighter Memorial
- Firefighter memorial live from downtown Chico
- Firefighter working huge California fire dies
- Insurance firms dispatch private firefighters in California
- Report: Massive fire tornado killed California firefighter
- Hands-On Fuel Tanker Crash Training for North State Firefighters
- North State Memorial Day Events