SHASTA LAKE, Calif. - Shasta County deputies have arrested two brothers and a husband on Monday connected to assaults at a home in Shasta Lake, authorities believe it started when the husband allegedly assaulted his wife.
According to the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, deputies got a call around 11:45 a.m. at the 14000 block of Lake Blvd., there they found Abdul Qasimi, 29, beaten up from what he says was an attack from his wife’s brothers.
Qasimi said the brothers Ajmal and Rabmal Sadat, assaulted him with a baseball bat. Deputies later detained four people in the driveway of the residence.
Investigators learned that Qasimi had allegedly assaulted his wife and in retaliation, her brothers punched and kicked Qasimi.
Qasimi also told deputies that Rabmal was holding a handgun during the assault and pointed the gun at him.
Deputies found a registered gun owned by Rabmal hidden in some bushes in close proximity of the alleged assault.
The Sadat brothers were booked into the Shasta County Jail and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
Qasimi was also arrested and charged with inflicting corporal injury on a spouse.
- 3 Arrested Stemming From Domestic Violence Issue in Shasta Lake
- Chico man arrested for felony domestic violence and attempted kidnapping
- Shingletown man arrested for domestic violence after dropped 911 call
- Shasta Lake Probation Search Leads to 6 Arrests
- Shasta Lake City Manager Announces Retirement
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Hirz Fire impacts Shasta Lake Businesses
- Shasta Lake Shooting Leaves One Critically Injured
- Shasta Lake Veteran's Parade Nov. 10