SHASTA LAKE, Calif. - Shasta County deputies have arrested two brothers and a husband on Monday connected to assaults at a home in Shasta Lake, authorities believe it started when the husband allegedly assaulted his wife.
According to the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office, deputies got a call around 11:45 a.m. at the 14000 block of Lake Blvd., there they found Abdul Qasimi, 29, beaten up from what he says was an attack from his wife’s brothers.
Qasimi said the brothers Ajmal and Rabmal Sadat, assaulted him with a baseball bat. Deputies later detained four people in the driveway of the residence.
Investigators learned that Qasimi had allegedly assaulted his wife and in retaliation, her brothers punched and kicked Qasimi.
Qasimi also told deputies that Rabmal was holding a handgun during the assault and pointed the gun at him.
Deputies found a registered gun owned by Rabmal hidden in some bushes in close proximity of the alleged assault.
The Sadat brothers were booked into the Shasta County Jail and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
Qasimi was also arrested and charged with inflicting corporal injury on a spouse.
- 3 Arrested Stemming From Domestic Violence Issue in Shasta Lake
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Chico man arrested for felony domestic violence and attempted kidnapping
- Shingletown man arrested for domestic violence after dropped 911 call
- Redding man fought police during domestic violence arrest
- Man attacks K-9 officer during domestic violence arrest
- Shasta Lake Probation Search Leads to 6 Arrests
- Deputies arrest man suspected of stealing boat at Shasta Lake
- K-9 helps Shasta Lake deputies make early morning arrest
- Domestic violence dispute causes short school lock down in Chico