Shasta County firefighters arrived on scene to a 3800 square foot two story house with heavy smoke and fire coming from the second story on Wintu Way in Redding around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday morning.
The residents of the home were awakened to the sound of smoke alarms and dogs barking and were able to all get out safely.
Firefighters worked through the night containing the fire on the second story and salvaging the contents on the first floor.
The fire started around the chimney flue pipe and spread to the attic.
The exact cause is undetermined.
- 24 fire personnel respond to residential structure fire in Redding
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Fire crews respond to Biggs structure fire
- Firefighters Battle Redding Structure Fire
- Redding firefighters respond to structure fire on Churn Creek Road
- Residential Fire in Redding Quickly extinguished by Fire Crews
- Firefighters Responding to Structure Fire in Anderson
- First responders, medical personnel honored for efforts during Camp Fire
- Long Beach Fire Captain Dies While Responding to Structure Fire
- Redding Fire Dept. determine cause of Alden Ave. structure fire