This marks the 20th year for the Snow Goose Festival of The Pacific Flyway in Chico.
It features Wildlife Education, Exploration and Birding Adventures, Workshops, a Wildlife Art Show and Free Nature Activities for the entire family.
The 5 day event kicks off on Wednesday, January 23rd. People who want to take part in birding trips are encouraged to register ahead of time. Fees vary depending on what's included. And there is a Banquet Friday evening featuring a Key Note Speaker
The Festival Headquarters and Welcome Center is located at the Chico Masonic Family Center, at 1110 West East Avenue.
The bulk of Free activities take place Saturday and Sunday, with all kinds of exhibits, vendors and activities at the Masonic Family Center.
In addition, the Valene L. Smith Museum of Anthropology at CSU, Chico is featuring an exhibit called "Remarkable Lives", about the intertwined worlds of birds and Humans. To learn more visit www.csuchico.edu/anthmuseum.
And the Snow Goose Festival Wildlife Exhibit is being held at the Museum of Northern California Art, 900 the Esplanade. It runs through February 10th, and from January 23rd to the 27th will feature the traveling Audubon Photography Awards Exhibit. Learn more at www.monca.org.
To register for activities at the Snow Goose Festival and for a complete list of events and activities visit www.snowgoosefestival.org.
- 20th Annual Snow Goose Festival is Next Week
- Final day of the 'Snow Goose Festival'
- Snow Goose Festival Comes to an End
- Bird watchers gather for 'Snow Goose Festival'
- Snow Goose Festival in Chico to mark 19th year
- Marysville Peach Festival celebrates 20th year
- Sunday January 20th Weathercast
- 8th Annual Shortz! Film Festival this weekend
- Build.com Expands to East 20th Street Office
- 24th Annual 'Salmon Festival' Held in Downtown Oroville