Chico, Calif. - Six local arts heros will be recognized at the 2019 Champions of the Arts Celebration in Chico. It takes place Thursday, April 18th from 5:30 - 7 p.m. at the Museum of Northern California Art (MONCA) on the Esplanade.
The event is hosted by the Chico Arts and Culture Foundation . Jonathan Richman will provide a musical interlude before the program begins. The organizations 2018 achievements will be celebrated and artist Jenise Coon will be highlighted during the program.
2019 Champions of the Arts will be presented with a Certificate of Recognition. They include: Amber Palmer, MA, MFAT, Fine Art Consultant and Artist, Cameron Kelly, Gallery Director at the Chico Art Center, Christine MacShane, Artist and Owner of Studio 561, Jessie Mercer, Artist, Key Project Tribute and Butte County Art on Wheels, Marc Edson, Executive Director of Chico Theater Company and Rebecca McIntyre Senoglu, Coordinator of Enloe Regional Cancer Center's Healing Art Gallery.
Mary Gardner of CACF says the theme this year is Art as Healing, after the Camp Fire and how the arts community can help with recovery efforts. CACF says that all of the Champions of the Arts acknowledge that awareness, education, and maintenance of public art is good for the city of Chico and the people in our community.
To find out more about the Chico Arts and Culture Foundation visit www.chicoartsandculture.org.
- 2019 Champions of the Arts Celebration is Thursday in Chico
- Celebration of Healing Arts
- Chico man becomes 2019 yo-yo national champion
- Chico's free theater, music and art festival announces 2019 'theme'
- Chico champion tarheels claim national title
- Downtown Chico celebrates Pride
- Chico Residents Rejuvenate at Healing Arts Festival
- Veterans Day celebration in Chico
- Winter ‘Gift Show’ at the Chico Art Center
- Chico city council approves funding for the arts