DNA brings headliner Kevin Camia to the 2018 Chico Comedy Festival on Sunday, and Saturday marks 5 different shows, featuring comedians from Chico and the Bay Area.
Kevin Camia is a stand up comic from San Francisco, now based in Los Angeles. He was voted Best Up and Coming Comic at the Rooftop Aspen Comedy Festival, selected as a Comic’s Comic on Esquire.com and his first CD ‘Kindness’ was voted Top 10 Comedy Albums of 2010 on iTunes. Camia will perform at the Sierra Nevada Big Room Sunday, April 8th, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available for $25 online or $30 at the door. This event has sold out in the past.
Saturday night comedians will be performing from 8 - 10 p.m. at 5 Downtown Chico establishments. The shows are free at La Rocca Wines Tasting Room and at the Naked Lounge. They cost just $5 to see at B Street and Duffy's. Then, all of the comedians will take part in a Fundraiser for the Blue Room Theater from 11 p.m. - 1 a.m., at the Blue Room.
You can get a schedule and meet some of the performers from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. at the Naked Lounge. You can also find out more information on The Chico Comedy Festival Facebook page.
In addition to Kevin Camia, the festival will also feature :
Emily Van Dyke
Johnny Taylor Jr.
Chico has an active local comedy scene, with open mic nights Mondays at 9 p.m. at The Maltese, and Wednesdays at 9 p.m. at The Studio Inn. You can find out more at www.chicocomedycalendar.com.
- 2018 Chico Comedy Festival to Deliver Laughs This Weekend
- Foster awareness festival in Chico
- Comedy roast to benefit Camp Fire Recovery
- California Nut Festival Delivers Big Check to Patrick Ranch
- 8th Annual Shortz! Film Festival this weekend
- Farm City Harvest Festival in Chico Saturday
- Chico Residents Rejuvenate at Healing Arts Festival
- Soroptimist International presents 'Hilarity for Charity' comedy show
- Snow Goose Festival in Chico to mark 19th year
- New Art Festival Coming to Chico in September