More than 400 bicyclists leisurely rode the streets of Chico for the sixth annual Tweed Ride.
It began at 11 a.m., Sunday at Bidwell Mansion and ended at the five-mile recreational area.
Once bicyclists rode three miles in Chico they were treated to a nice picnic on a beautiful Sunday.
We spoke to an organizer of the event who says that it's a travel back in time.
“So probably about 10-years ago these tweed rides started mostly throughout the world but in England and it’s a celebration of vintage bikes and vintage clothing and so you just bring those together and it’s a social ride,” said Craig Almaguer, tweed ride organizer.
The event ended at 3 p.m., Saturday.
- 2017 Chico Tweed Ride
- Chico police release 2017 crime statistics
- New details in 2017 murder of Chico father
- 2017 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- 2017: A look back
- Suspect in Oct. 2017 Murder in Chico, Competent to Stand Trial
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- Chico Hyundai Splits From Chico Nissan
- Dry and Warm to wrap up 2017
- Mostly dry & warmer end to 2017