OROVILLE, Calif. - The Butte County Sheriff’s Office is reporting a large pot garden on Fire Camp Road.
Deputies uprooted nearly 3,000 plants being grown on 580 acres of land.
They found evidence of several campsites on the property and say the owner was renting it in exchange for a large amount of money and marijuana as payment.
The owner identified as 58-year-old Young Yer Yang of Oroville was arrested at the scene.
Authorities say he tried to flee but was brought up short by a police dog.
A loaded revolver was discovered within an arm’s reach of where Yang was stopped.
- 2,000+ Marijuana Plants Seized at Butte Co.’s Fire Camp Road
- Seized Marijuana Equipment aids Agriculture Students
- Camp Fire: Road Closures and Traffic Conditions
- Butte County Marijuana Grow Laws Being Enforced
- Over 3,000 pounds of marijuana seized in Humboldt County
- Butte County Sheriff Provides Update on Camp Fire
- At Least 23 Killed During Raging Camp Fire: Butte Sheriff
- Butte County Sheriff Holds Media Briefing for Camp Fire
- Butte County Public Health Confirms Norovirus in Camp Fire Shelter
- Butte County Fire