Authorities say 20 children were injured when a stairwell collapsed at an indoor paintball course in San Diego Saturday night.
The San Diego Union-Tribune reported police said the injuries were minor, but a woman had to be dug out from under the rubble at the center called total combat paintball.
The newspaper reported that one parent said the stairwell collapsed when dozens of children ran up and down to get pizza from a loft.
“It was really scary. Everybody was crying and bleeding. I fell. Luckily I landed on the cushions, like a pad, and luckily I didn't get hurt. I heard like a crack, and then all of a sudden it crashed down, and I heard people screaming when it was coming down, and then after that everybody was just crying,” said a visitor of the paintball course.
According to the fire department, many of the children were taken to area hospitals.
No serious injuries were reported.
- 20 children injured after stairwell collapses in San Diego
- Victim of San Diego plane crash identified
- Marine stabbed to death in San Diego
- San Diego seawater temperature hits 102-year high
- Dog Saved From Sinkhole in San Diego
- Car crash into San Diego County home causes gas leak
- San Diego investigating man's near-crushing in trash truck
- Gas leak in San Diego prompts evacuation of 1,100 homes
- Shots Fired Near San Diego Marathon, Female Suspect Arrested
- One of world's oldest gorillas dies at San Diego Safari Park