UPDATE 2:55 p.m. Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - The Colusa County Coroner's Office has identified the two people killed in a crash on I-5, near Williams, on Sunday.
The two people killed were identified as Clayton Lloyd Charles, 25, and Crystal Leann Grall, 33. Both of the people identified were from Washington.
WILLIAMS, Calif. - Two people were killed and one person was injured in a crash on I-5 near Williams on Sunday night.
Around 11:50 p.m. on Sunday, officers were dispatched to a crash on southbound I-5, north of Lurline Avenue.
The officers found a vehicle rolled over on its roof, blocking a lane of traffic.
During the investigation, officers determined that two people were ejected from the vehicle as a result of the crash. They were not wearing seatbelts.
Authorities said that Edward Kenneth Perez, 31, was driving a 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe southbound on I-5 at a high rate of speed. For unknown reasons, he drove the vehicle on the right shoulder and then steered across to the left across both lanes of traffic. The maneuver caused the car to overturn multiple times before coming to rest on its roof.
Perez was transported to Enloe Medical Center with moderate injuries.
Two other passengers were pronounced deceased at the scene and their identities have not been released.
California Highway Patrol believes drugs and alcohol may be a factor in the collision.
The investigation is ongoing. Stay tuned for updates.
- Colusa County coroner identifies 2 killed in crash on I-5, near Williams
- Coroner Identifies Motorcyclist Victim in SR-299 Crash
- Yuba County Coroner Identifies Victims in Highway 70 Crash
- Police Identify Body Found on McDermott Road in Colusa County
- Victims of fatal I-5 crash in Yolo County identified
- Two Dead After Colusa Plane Crash
- Car crash near I-5 kills 1 woman
- Family Mourns Man Killed in I-5 Crash
- Update: Orangevale Woman Dies in Colusa County Head-on Crash
- CHP Identifies Pedestrian Killed on I-5 Near Red Bluff