REDDING, Calif. - Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies arrested two juveniles who assaulted a man with large tree limbs after they were asked to leave his home near a Redding group home on Monday.
Deputies said this happened on the 1900 block of Paso Robles Ave. where a woman reported that her husband, Fred Clough, was being assaulted by two juveniles from Victor Youth Services group home around 7:30 a.m.
According to deputies, Mr. Clough told them that he found a juvenile in his yard and asked him to leave. The juvenile then punched Mr. Clough in the forehead.
A staff member from the group home arrived at the scene and attempted to restrain the juvenile. However, a second juvenile from the group home arrived and began yelling obscenities at Mr. Clough. The staff member from the group home tried to convince the two juveniles to return to the group home, which was located a few houses down the street. However, the two juveniles refused to leave.
One of the juveniles picked up a 7-foot tree limb and began striking Mr. Clough and swinging it at the staff member, according to deputies.
The second juvenile picked up pieces of tree limbs and began throwing them at Mr. Clough, he was struck several times with cut-up tree limbs, deputies said.
Both of the juveniles were arrested and booked into the Shasta County Juvenile Hall for assault with a deadly weapon.
- 2 juveniles arrested for assaulting man with tree limbs near Redding group home
- SHERIFF: 3 juveniles arrested for assaulting group home employee in Redding
- Red Bluff man arrested for 10 year sexual assault with juvenile
- Missing juvenile in Red Bluff
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- Redding hate crime & assault arrest
- Three juveniles attack staff member at a group home in Redding
- Two juvenile hall escapees force themselves into Redding home
- Red Bluff Police locate two runaway juveniles
- Redding masseuse arrested on sexual assault charges