SISKIYOU COUNTY, Calif. - Officials have shut down Highway 96 due to two fires burning in the Klamath National Forest.
One of the fires, dubbed the Tree Fire, is burning near the Tree of Heaven Campground. Fire officials say is is 86 acres in size and is 60% contained.
The Community Fire is burning near the Klamath River Community Hall. It is also 60% contained but has burned 35 acres.
There are no evacuation warnings for either fire and the highway remains open for people who live in the area only.
The cause of both fires is under investigation.
- 2 forest fires shut down Highway 96 in Siskiyou County
- Highway 96 reopens after fires in Klamath National Forest
- Burris Fire in Mendocino County reaches 96% containment
- Highway 97 reopens after deadly crash in Siskiyou County
- UPDATE: Shastina Fire Burning in Siskiyou County
- Siskiyou County homicide investigation, manhunt
- Man pleads guilty to starting Klamathon Fire in Siskiyou County
- Klamath National Forest Fire Restrictions
- Schools in Siskiyou County on Precautionary Lockdown
- Wildfire evacuations lifted in Siskiyou County