REDDING, Calif. - Two people have been charged in connection to a homicide on Bechelli Lane on July 23, 2019.
Christopher Mchatton and Kathleen Mchatton were charged Thursday in connection to the murder of Steven Michael Johnson.
Police received a call around 5:24 p.m. on July 23, regarding a person who was injured and in need of help.
When officers arrived at the home they found a man dead that had visible signs that he was a victim of violence.
The Shasta County District Attorney's office announced the charges against Christopher and Kathleen on Friday, Aug. 9.
Christopher was charged with murder and will appear in court on Aug. 12.
Kathleen is charged with being an accessory after the fact.
- 2 charged in connection to the Bechelli Lane homicide
- Suspicious device found near mailbox on Bechelli Lane in Redding
- Authorities identify man found dead in home on Bechelli Lane
- Shingletown Man Flips Car at Bechelli Lane and Charged with DUI: Police
- Butte County detectives arrest suspect in connection to 2017 homicide
- Humboldt County man arrested on homicide charges
- Corning Police Investigating Homicide
- Oroville Homicide Under Investigation
- Navy filing homicide charges against 2 ship commanders
- Siskiyou County homicide investigation, manhunt