The Shasta County Sheriff’s Office has arrested two people on Thursday involving a Walmart shoplifting case in Oroville.
According to SCSO, around January 20, the Oroville Police Department released a photo of three people of interest who needed to be identified.
Right when photos were released of the suspects, Burney deputies immediately recognized two of the suspects as being Aaron and Lyna Phipps, according to SCSO.
Due to numerous law enforcement contacts in eastern Shasta County, the prior thefts in Burney consisted of illegal narcotic activity, said SCSO officials.
Deputies said that arrest warrants were then issued for both Aaron and Lyna for grand theft.
Once Burney deputies received the warrants for the couple they went to their residence on Thursday just after 3:30 p.m. at the 39000 block of Thrush Road in Cassel.
Lyna was arrested without incident, but SCSO officials said Aaron was found hiding under a trailer on the property.
Since Lyna was on court probation, deputies searched the home and deputies found evidence of:
• Illegal narcotic use
• Stolen quad motorcycle from a CHP case
• Stolen chainsaw from SCSO case
• Small amount of ammunition
Both Aaron and Lyna are prohibited from possessing all those items, according to SCSO.
Other evidence was located that lead deputies to another burglary case in the area, but deputies have not said what that case is because it is still under investigation.
They were both booked into the Shasta County Jail for numerous charges.
- 2 arrested stemming from shoplifting at Oroville Walmart
- Shoplifting arrests up in Chico
- 3 shoplifting suspects on the loose in Oroville
- Chico Police Arrest TJ Maxx Shoplifters
- Suspect arrested for shoplifting at Chico Target
- Oroville shooting suspects arrested
- Oroville missing person arrested
- 5 Arrested Stemming from Burglary Investigation
- Home Depot workers help Chico police arrest shoplifting suspects
- Suspect Arrested in Oroville Shooting