The CHP blames a DUI driver for a crash that killed three people on Highway 70, in the Feather River Canyon. It happened just after 2:00 p.m. Monday, just west of the Greenville Wye.
Investigators say 48 year old Karen Schwamb of Twain was driving under the influence when she tried to pass another vehicle in a turn, crossing over the double yellow center line.
The report says she hit an oncoming pickup truck almost head on, and then her s-u-v started rolling over ... before colliding with a Kawasaki Motorcycle.
A 61 year old man from Belden driving the pickup truck was killed, and so were a man and woman from Paradisewho were on the motorcycle.
their names have not been released.
Schamb received major injuries, her passenger had minor injuries. Schamb now faces DUI and manslaughter charges.
The photo associated with this article comes courtesy of Plumas County News.
- 2 Paradise residents and a Belden man killed in Hwy 70 DUI Crash
- UPDATE: Two men killed identified, one arrested after suspected DUI crash on Hwy 70
- Oroville man pleads not guilty to DUI for fatal Hwy 70 collision
- Hour Long Delay at Hwy 70 east of Quincy
- Open House to Review Hwy 70 Safety Project
- Butte Co. Cal Fire Responds to Major Crash at Hwy 70 Near Rock Creek
- Belden Rest Area Closed Long Term
- CHP: DUI hit-and-run driver arrested after head-on crash at Oro Bangor Hwy
- Marysville residents react to Highway 70 plans
- Paradise Elderly Man Found