Brian Hawkins and Curtis Culver were back in court today after Hawkins confessed to a 1993 cold case murder. Action news now was not allowed to bring a camera into the courtroom today so the footage above is from an earlier proceeding. Even though Brian Hawkins wanted to enter a guilty plea two weeks ago, his lawyer entered a not guilty plea on his behalf outside of court.
Both Hawkins and Culver along with Shana Culver are all charged with the murder of 19-year-old Frank McAlister in Shingletown in 1993. Shana Culver was 17 at the time and faces these charges as a minor. We cannot at this time check on the progress of her trial. Both parties will face their trials starting on April 24th unless they are postponed.
- 1993 cold case murder suspects back in court.
- Suspect Mugshots in 1993 Cold Case Confession
- Cold case murder suspect back in court
- Oroville murder suspect back in court
- Shingletown man confesses to 1993 Shasta County murder
- Female Suspect in 1993 Shingletown Slaying Pleads Not Guilty
- Suspect in kidnapping case in court today
- Chico Murder Suspect Appears in Court
- Suspected Golden State Killer Back in Court
- A killer who couldn't live with the guilt, admits to Shingletown murder in 1993