TRINITY COUNTY, Calif. - A series of lightning strikes started three fires in Trinity County on Sunday.
Authorities recorded approximately 16 lightning strikes as a storm moved over the South Fork Management Unit.
Firefighters quickly responded to three small lightning fires discovered south of Hayfork due to the lightning strikes.
The Gulch Fire, near Rail Gulch, was contained at 3/4 of an acre in size.
The Dobbins Fire, near Dobbins Gulch, is lined as is about a te1/10 of an acre in size.
Firefighters hiked into the area of the Fall Fire in Fall Gulch Monday Morning. Representatives with the Shasta-Trinity National Forest said that the fire is about 1/2 acre in size. Firefighters will be working on containment lines for the next 3-4 hours.
- Lightning strikes ignite 3 fires in Trinity County
- Lightning strikes Oroville home
- 176 lightning strikes cause several fires in Shasta-Trinity National Forest
- Lightning Sparks Concern for Shasta-Trinity National Forest
- Captain Fire burning in Trinity County
- Vegetation fire threatening structure in Trinity County
- U.S. Forest Service tracks lightning fires and strikes
- Trinity County poorest in California
- Man Cited for Allegedly Igniting Oregon Fire
- Crews put out 30 lightning fires in Shasta-Trinity National Forest