Photo Gallery 5 Images
CHICO, Calif. - In its first week, Chico Police Department's Street Crime Unit made 14 arrests and seized more than five ounces of illegal drugs.
The "D" Unit patrolled areas of Chico where the quality of life crimes, like retail theft and drug dealing, have been an issue.
In the first week of operation, more than three ounces of Methamphetamine and more than two ounces of Heroin were seized.
The team said they focused on the East Avenue/Esplanade corridor as well as the City Plaza and Depot Park areas of Chico.
In a statement, the Department said the following:
"The mission of this Street Crimes “D” Unit is to impact the street level crime that affects the quality of life in this community. Robbery, burglary, gun and drug offenses, bike and other theft are all examples of the crime this team is tasked on addressing. The team is also focusing on keeping our public spaces safe."
See the gallery above of five examples of arrests that were made by the unit in their first week.
- 14 arrests made in first week, Chico PD Street Crimes
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: 16 arrests made
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: 5 arrests made in week 8
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: More arrests made in week 9
- Chico Street Crimes Unit: 13 arrests made in week 7
- Chico Street Crimes Unit Makes 76 Arrests in 3 Weeks
- 23 Arrests Made Over the Weekend by 'Chico Street Crimes Unit'
- City of Chico to Consider Making PD's Street Crimes Unit Permanent
- 24 Arrests Made During a Week of Patrol by CPD Street Crimes Unit
- 21 More Arrests from the ‘Chico Street Crimes Unit’