GRANTS PASS, Ore.-- 28-year-old Abby Beckley affectionately calls herself worm girl.
This comes after an incident in summer of 2016, when she discovered worms were in her left eye.
Beckley says while her eyes are fine now, at the time she was in a panic, since there's little documentation of people having worms in their eyes.
In fact, the CDC says she's the first person worldwide to have cattle flies infect her eyes.
A year and a half later...
Abby Beckley says, "I didn't lose any vision, nothing happened, it feels fine."
Beckley is sharing her story so more people become aware that this can happen.
Abby Beckley says, "Because it is so broad, and amounted to the fact that I live in Southern Oregon, if this happens to someone else, I want them to Google this and find stories and see that this girl lived through it and is ok and I'll be ok too."
- 14 Worms Pulled From Oregon Woman's Eye
- Couple finds worms in their feet after a beach vacation
- Firefighters Pull Woman from Wreckage in Bangor
- Doctors Find Needle in Woman's Spine After 14 Year
- South Carolina Woman Suspected of Killing Husband with Eye Drops
- What you need to know: August 14
- What You Need to Know: September 14
- American Cancer Society Pull For A Cure
- BART Passenger Pulls Out Chainsaws on Train
- Oregon college safety officer pleads guilty to killing woman