SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) - Police have arrested a group of juveniles, including an 11-year-old getaway driver, in a string of armed robberies and carjackings in San Jose.
San Jose Police Chief Eddie Garcia says officers arrested 11 male and female suspects who are potentially responsible for a dozen robberies, carjackings and burglaries, some at gunpoint, over the weekend. They range in age from 11 to 17.
The Mercury News in San Jose reports Thursday at least 15 victims have been identified, but investigators said there may be more who have not yet come forward to police.
Police say the suspects were arrested after three high-speed car chases with police, including an 11-year-old boy who was identified as one of the drivers in the pursuits. The other drivers were 14 and 17 years old.
- 11-year-old getaway driver, 10 others arrested in crimes in San Jose
- Pair of earthquakes rattle San Jose area
- San Jose police save man from burning van
- Colusa County man, 'getaway driver' arrested on hit-and-run charges
- Mayor of San Jose has proposed an ordinance hoping to curb gun violence
- Redding hate crime & assault arrest
- Bomb charge added against man after San Francisco arrest
- Shots Fired Near San Diego Marathon, Female Suspect Arrested
- Man Arrested for Alleged Sex Crimes