REDDING, Calif. - They say there's no bond quite like the bond between a man and his dog.
And that's definitely true for Cameron Hodges and his therapy dog Harvey.
“We're super attached,” Hodges said. “The bond that we have is - I mean I can't sleep right anymore. The people that have seen me sleep will tell me that it's just nightmares all night.”
Before this, the pair hadn't spent more than 48 hours apart.
“I've taken that dog absolutely everywhere with me from day one when I got him,” Hodges said. “Every minute of his life, he's spent with me.”
Harvey was lost while Hodges was visiting Paradise during the Camp Fire, but it’s believed someone found him and may have him in Redding.
For the past month, Hodges has been putting up flyers across the North State and flooding social media in hopes of being reunited with Harvey.
Hodges says Harvey has a unique white spot that goes over his left shoulder.
His posts have been shared more than 30,000 times on Facebook.
Several people have reported seeing Harvey accompanying a woman in Redding which has given him hope.
“It doesn't matter what city he's in, it doesn't matter where he goes, I will do whatever it takes to get my dog back,” Hodges said. “But at least I know he's alive and I'm doing everything I can to find him.”
Hodges says time is running out because he has to return to work soon, and he doesn't want to return home without his dog.
"We just want to get him back," he said. "He means everything to not just me, but a lot of people. He's my best friend."
If you've seen Harvey, you're asked to call (707) 731-9388.
A $10,000 reward is being offered for his safe return.
- $10K Offered for Lost Service Dog in Redding
- $10K reward offered for info in 2014 murder of Red Bluff woman
- Health Fair in Red Bluff Offering Services to Help Families
- Deaf Woman, Service Dog Punched
- Finance classes offered in Redding
- Chipper Program Offers Defensible Space Services
- Veterans get service dogs trained by prisoners
- United Airlines to Offer Non-Stop Service from Redding to Los Angeles
- Second Dog Stealing Suspect Arrested in Redding
- 'Tide' Offers Free Laundry Service for Camp Fire Survivors