LIVE OAK, Calif. - Go out and volunteer! That's the message from the organization "No Town Left Behind" Saturday afternoon.
Volunteers organized and assembled 1,000 care kits for first responders.
The non-profit organization met at Eager Road in Live Oak.
They gave up their Saturday working in an "assembly line" and packaging everything first responders may need on the job.
Action News Now spoke to the president of “No Town Left Behind” and she had this message.
“I just wanted to say if anybody’s watching out there and they’re motivated to get off the couch and come out and help. There are so many different organizations you can volunteer at!” said Kimberly Goreham, president of “No Town Left Behind.”
The care kits will be distributed to first responders around the North State.
The organization is always looking for volunteers if you would like to know more about the organization click here.
- 1,000 Care Kits Distributed for First Responders in Live Oak
- Naloxone distributed to Butte County first responders
- Rabid Bat Found Inside Live Oak Home
- Live Oak school goes on lockdown after staff hears gunshots
- 79-Year-Old Man Killed After Crash in Live Oak
- Power restored to more than 2,000 Live Oak customers
- UPDATE: Suspicious Death in Oak Run Identified
- Humboldt County agencies bust heroin distribution ring
- CHP Oroville Distributes Free Tri Tip Dinners
- Chico Police now carrying anti-overdose kits