CHICO, Calif. - A 100-year-old Chico veterinarian is still on the job.
Dr. Paul Wise has been working part-time at Evers Veterinary Clinic since 1981. Prior to working there, he was a veterinarian in Santa Ana.
Wise now commutes from his home in Magalia on Fridays and Saturdays and runs the vaccine clinic for animals.
He retired for a year in his sixties, but his wife encouraged him to take on a part-time job doing what he loves.
"I don't plan to leave until the funeral parlor calls me," Wise said. "They asked me when I plan to retire and I said I'm retired now. This is my hobby."
Wise said the best part about his job is that no two days are the same. He comes to work and never knows what he is going to see.
"You've got to have some sort of incentive to keep you moving," he said.
For Wise, the incentive is helping animals.
- 100-Year-Old Veterinarian Still Practices in Chico
- Veterinarian sings to his furry patients
- DEA Investigating Dispensing Practices of Chico Walgreens
- Florida Man Practices Karate...On Swans?
- Forest Ranch Residents Practice Fire Evacuations
- Palo Cedro Chiropractor Charged for Practicing Without a License
- Chico City Council Removes Chico Airport Commissioner
- Chico Hyundai Splits From Chico Nissan
- Chico teen missing
- 2017 Chico Tweed Ride