Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE: Evacuations have been lifted for the Martin Fire burning in Siskiyou County.
According to CALFIRE, the fire started Sunday evening in the Mt. Shasta Vista Community. Hundreds of people were evacuated for a time, but they have since been allowed to return home. The Martin Fire is 60 percent contained at 37 acres.
SISKIYOU COUNTY, Calif. - A Siskiyou County fire on Sunday is forcing hundreds of people to evacuate from their homes.
According to Cal Fire Siskiyou County Fire Unit, the 10-acre blaze is located on Martin and Stanton Drive causing at least 300 people to evacuate.
Authorities said they got calls about the fire just before 6 p.m.
Firefighter officials say at least 150 structures are threatened and that there are structures that have been damaged or destroyed.
Check back for updates.
- Wildfire evacuations lifted in Siskiyou County
- Delta Fire: All Evacuations Lifted
- Stone Fire: Evacuation Warning Lifted
- Carr Fire: Evacuations lifted in some areas
- Masonic Fire: 100 Percent Contained, Evacuations Lifted
- Mandatory evacuation orders lifted in Redding
- 2,000+ Acre Fire in western Glenn County, Evacuations Lifted
- Butte County Sheriff's Office lifts evacuation warning for Richvale area
- Sand Fire burns 2,500 acres in Yolo County, evacuations lifted
- Siskiyou County homicide investigation, manhunt