OROVILLE, Calif. - One person was killed in a crash on Oro Quincy Highway in Oroville on Sunday.
According to the California Highway Patrol, the crash happened around 6:50 p.m. on Sunday evening.
Authorities said a 29-year-old man was driving a 2015 Honda southbound on Oro Quincy Highway when he lost control of the car on the wet roadway.
The car started to spin and then traveled across the northbound lane of the road, overturning onto the dirt shoulder. The car came to rest after hitting a tree.
The driver was transported to Oroville Medical Center where he later died of his injuries.
Authorities do not believe drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash.
Stay tuned for updates.
- 1 killed in crash on Oro Quincy Highway Sunday
- Oro Quincy Hwy Won't Reopen This Year
- Closure of Oro-Chico Highway for Construction
- Oro Bangor ATV crash leaves 3 hospitalized
- Man arrested for meth sales in Quincy
- Quincy Native Signs with Four Year School
- Quincy Woman Drowns in Indian Falls
- Boil water advisory issued for Quincy area
- Boil water advisory issued for Quincy
- 1 killed in Highway 3 motorcycle crash