UPDATE 11:37 a.m. Tuesday, June 25, 2019 - The Chico Police Department released more information regarding a deadly crash on Highway 32 in Chico Monday afternoon.
Authorities have identified the person killed in the crash as Cathe Lawson, 61, of Chico.
Police said Lawson pulled out from a stop sign near Highway 32 and Yosemite Drive in the path of a GMC pickup truck.
The cars collided and Lawson was transported to the hospital where she later died from her injuries. The driver of the truck, Robert Maxam, 68, of Los Angeles, was not injured and is continuing to cooperate with the investigation.
Police said alcohol and drugs do not appear to be a factor in the crash.
CHICO, Calif. - One person was killed following a crash on Highway 32 in Chico.
The crash happened around 1:42 p.m. on Monday on Highway 32, near Yosemite Drive.
According to the Chico Police Department, one of the involved drivers was reported to be stuck in the vehicle with a serious injury.
Authorities said the person with serious injuries was transported to a local hospital where they later died of their injuries.
The driver of the other vehicle remained on the scene is cooperating with the investigation, authorities said.
Stay with Action News Now for the latest updates as they become available.
- Police identify driver killed in crash on Highway 32, Yosemite Drive
- Suspected DUI driver crashes into creek off Highway 32
- UPDATE: Traffic Alert: Highway 32
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified
- Rollover crash on Highway 32 sends one to hospital
- Weather a factor in crashes on Highway 32
- Victim Identified in Highway 299 Fatal Crash
- Victim Identified in Highway 99 Crash
- Victim Identified in Deadly Highway 299 Crash