UPDATE 11:05 a.m. Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - The Butte County Sheriff's Office has identified the man killed in a crash on Clark Road July 11 as James Dunn II, 45, of Red Bluff.
UPDATE 3:58 p.m. Thursday, July 11, 2019 - Clark Road has reopened after a deadly crash involving three vehicles, according to Caltrans District 2.
The collision has been cleared. HWY 191 now open to vehicle traffic. https://t.co/GFyuKNzLqE
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) July 11, 2019
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Clark Road is closed in both directions following a deadly crash involving three vehicles.
The crash happened around 1:45 p.m. on Thursday north of Butte College.
The California Highway Patrol said a tree-trimming truck was driving southbound on State Route 191, also known as Clark Road, when a blue pick up truck heading northbound swerved into the southbound lane and side-swiped the tree-trimming truck. The two vehicles collided and the blue pickup truck spun into a pickup truck driving behind the trimming truck, they said.
The driver of the blue pickup truck was killed, officers said. The driver of the tree-trimming truck suffered minor injuries and the driver of the other pickup truck had no injuries.
Both lanes are closed as authorities work to clear the roadway. Traffic is being diverted to north on Highway 99 to Skyway and Skyway to Paradise.
The CHP said motorists can also head eastbound on Durham-Pentz to Pentz Road.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
State Route 191 (Clark Road) north of Butte College is closed in both directions while we investigate an injury collision. pic.twitter.com/p2yERQjIdN
— CHP Chico (@CHP_Chico) July 11, 2019
- Authorities identify man killed in crash on Clark Road
- Authorities identify man killed in Oroville shooting
- Authorities identify man killed in suspected DUI crash in Redding
- Authorities identify man killed in Redding officer-involved shooting
- Authorities identify man killed in shooting on Highway 70
- Authorities identify man killed in Skyway crash as sexual assault suspect
- Police Identify Man Killed in Redding Plane Crash
- Authorities identified couple killed on motorcycle in Glenn County
- Authorities identify woman killed in Orland shed fire
- Authorities identify person killed by train in Redding