UPDATE 11:15 a.m. Monday, May 13, 2019 - California Highway Patrol said the person killed in a crash on Trinity Dam Boulevard Friday was a 16-year-old boy.
At around 2 p.m. on May 10, a 2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe was being driven by a 16-year-old eastbound on Trinity Dam Boulevard, approximately 1.5 miles east of Buckeye Ridge Road.
For unknown reasons, the driver traveled off the north roadway edge and into a steep embankment.
The Nissan rolled over onto its roof.
The driver was pronounced deceased at the scene. The passenger, a 17-year-old boy, was transported to Mercy Medical Center with moderate injuries.
Authorities to do not believe drugs and alcohol were a factor in the crash, but the cause is still under investigation.
TRINITY COUNTY, Calif. - One person was killed in a crash on Highway 3 at Trinity Dam Boulevard on Friday.
According to California Highway Patrol logs, the crash was first reported just after 2 p.m. north of Weaverville.
Authorities have confirmed that one person has died.
We are working to learn more information. Stay tuned for updates.
- Person killed in Trinity Dam Blvd crash identified as 16-year-old boy
- Human Caused Fire Burns at Keswick Dam Road & Lake Blvd: RFD
- UPDATE: One person killed, Wrong Person Arrested in Redding Crash
- Trinity Dam releases expected to increase after oil-spill clean up
- 82-year-old identified as person killed in Redding house fire
- Trinity County poorest in California
- Chico man identified as person killed in Tehama County plane crash
- Fatal Crash Victim Identified
- Shasta-Trinity National Forest employee identified as Whiskeytown Lake drowning victim
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified