SEATTLE (AP) - Police say multiple people opened fire in the busiest part of downtown Seattle during the Wednesday evening commute, killing one person and wounding seven others.
Seattle Fire Chief Harold Scoggins said authorities began receiving calls about multiple gunshot victims at about 5 p.m. Wednesday.
He says one person was found dead and that five others were taken to Seattle's Harborview Medical Center by fire and medical personnel.
Fire officials and a hospital spokeswoman said later Wednesday that a total of seven people were being treated there for gunshot wounds.
Police Chief Carmen Best says based on video from the scene, multiple shooters were involved and that shots rang out after a dispute.
No arrests have been made.
- 1 dead, 7 wounded in downtown Seattle shooting
- Amazon to debut cashier-less store in downtown Seattle
- 4 killed, 1 wounded in Utah shooting
- Passengers disarmed gunman in Greyhound bus shooting that left 1 dead, 5 wounded
- Official: 95 dead, 158 wounded in Afghan attack
- 5 wounded in apparent gang-related shooting in South LA
- 7 People Wounded in Shooting at a Nightclub in Riverside
- Suspect Wounded During Officer-Involved Shooting in Marysville
- Chico police still searching for shooting suspect that wounded 2