REDDING, Calif. - A pedestrian who appeared to be riding a skateboard was hit by a car near downtown Redding Sunday afternoon.
It happened at the intersection of Continental and Placer Streets just after 5 p.m.
The driver of the car then stopped and called 911 as several bystanders helped the man before medics could arrive.
The pedestrian left the scene by ambulance with moderate injuries.
The intersection was closed down for a time but has since reopened.
No word on what lead up to the accident.
- 1 Hospitalized with Moderate Injuries after Being Struck By Vehicle in Redding
- Redding Police: Pedestrian Struck by Two Vehicles on Highway 273
- Redding Bicyclist Seriously Hurt after Being Struck by Vehicle
- Vehicle versus bicyclist leaves one with major injuries in Redding
- Pedestrian Struck in Redding Cross Walk
- 2 car crash on Interstate 5 near Willows leaves 1 with moderate injuries
- Mostly moderate air quality & mild heat today
- At least 10 vehicles struck by bullets in random shootings
- Woman killed after being struck by 2 vehicles
- Redding Man Arrested for DUI Causing Injury