A Rancho Tehama man is looking to find homes for two dogs after their owner was killed in last month's shooting rampage.
The dogs belonged to 38 year old Danny Elliot who was neighbors with the gunman Kevin Neal.
Neal shot and killed Elliott and his mother Diana Steele.
The mastiff, blue nose pit and Labrador mixes named Smokey and Bandit are about a year old.
Their current owner says they may look intimidating, but they're really just two big old teddy bears.
The gunman reportedly threatened to poison the dogs several times, so their owner kept them in kennels as a precaution.
That's why they hope to find someone with lots of acreage for the dogs to be able to run around on.
You can send an email to TehamaPitOrphans@gmail.com for adoption info.
- Two dogs looking for home after owner was killed in Rancho Tehama rampage
- Resident's phone video catches gunfire volley during Rancho Tehama rampage
- Mother of Rancho Tehama shooter speaks out
- Rancho Tehama Elementary families aim to recover
- Prayer vigil for Rancho Tehama shooting victims
- Sheriff's investigators: Rancho Tehama gunman shot himself
- Rancho Tehama Shooting: One Year Later
- Tehama County DA speaks about the Rancho Tehama shootings
- Neighbors say Rancho Tehama shooter long known for dangerous behavior