OROVILLE, Calif.—Action News Now spoke with Oroville High School and confirmed that they were on a short lock down Friday afternoon.
A man was seen walking by the school with what they thought looked like a gun.
Neighbors in the area called 911 to report the suspicious man.
According to witnesses the man was arrested at the corner of Gawthorne Avenue and Bridge Street.
He was found to be carrying a BB gun.
According to witnesses there was major police presence during the incident.
The man arrested has since been released.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Oroville High School Placed on Short Lockdown
- Standoff with Assault Suspect puts School on Short Lockdown
- Lockdown at Chico elementary school
- Redding High School Put on Brief Lockdown After Threat
- Pleasant Valley High School Put on Temporary Lockdown
- Schools in Siskiyou County on Precautionary Lockdown
- K9 Program at Oroville Schools
- Lockdown lifted at Corning school after gunshots heard near campus
- Redding School Lockdown Keeps Children Safe From Shooting
- Live Oak school goes on lockdown after staff hears gunshots