We've got a couple of storms headed our way this week, and they'll be packing some heavy rain and snow along with them. Say goodbye to the sunshine until the weekend!
The first storm will arrive late Monday night and Tuesday morning. Models continue to indicate the possibility of light showers developing ahead of the heavier rain. We shouldn't see very much rain Monday night, maybe around 0.25" or less.
As the heavier showers move in early Tuesday, we'll really see the rainfall totals jumping. From 2AM to 2PM Tuesday, Valley should see about 1.00-1.50" of rain and almost double that for the Mountains/Foothills.
Snow levels are expected to remain high Monday night. Colder air moves into the region Tuesday which will impact travel to the major Sierra passes by the afternoon.
Scattered showers stick around through Wednesday, but a trailing storm system will hit us again into Thursday and Friday and looks like it should be just as powerful. Keep those umbrellas handy this week!
- Monday: Calm Before the Storm
- 8-year-old remains calm despite knife to her chest
- Father Calms Daughter During Intense Escape from Paradise
- Breezy Monday, Warm Temperatures
- Hotter temperatures & a chance of t-storms are ahead for your Monday
- Preparing for the Storm
- Summer-like Weather for Monday
- Heavy Rain, Snow coming Monday
- Monday Forecast & Fire Weather Watch
- Strong Storm Moves In Sunday