The Butte County Sheriff's Office says today they are investigating the discovery of human remains in Bangor.
Deputies say the body was found Friday in a remote area near Upham Road.
The body was in an advanced state of decomposition. Officials believe it had been there for several months.
The cause of death is not known.
The remains are being sent to the department of justice and Chico State's Department of Anthropology for testing.
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Butte County Sheriff's Office.
- Butte County Sheriff is investigating human remains found in Bangor
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office investigating discovery of human skeletal remains
- Police investigating human remains found in Redding canal
- Authorities investigating more human remains found near Cypress Avenue Bridge
- Butte Humane Society
- Firefighters Pull Woman from Wreckage in Bangor
- Bangor home destroyed in Saturday morning fire
- Muddy roads hamper Bangor structure fire response
- Oro Bangor ATV crash leaves 3 hospitalized
- Crews work to extinguish fire in Bangor