The Christmas weekend was busy for the northern division of the California Highway Patrol.
Officers say between Friday at six in the evening until Monday at midnight one person was killed in a crash.
In Gerberville and during the same time frame, 31 people were arrested.
Most of the arrests were for drunk driving.
Officers say, for their maximum enforcement period their main focus was on speed enforcement but were also looking for violation of seatbelt, distracted driving, and obviously signs of driving while intoxicated.
The CHP headquarter tweeted out statewide more than 600 impaired drivers were removed from the road during the first 30 hours of this year's Christmas maximum enforcement period.
A list of the arrests made over the weekend is expected to be released late Tuesday evening.
- 31 people arrested in northern California during maximum enforcement period
- CHP begins maximum enforcement period
- CHP to Begin Christmas Maximum Enforcement Period
- CHP's maximum enforcement period continues through weekend
- CHP Maximum Enforcement Period Kicks off for New Year's
- CHP to begin maximum enforcement period, Nov. 27
- Numbers roll in from CHP maximum enforcement period
- CHP ends labor day maximum enforcement period with over 1,000 DUI arrests
- CHP releases numbers from New Year’s Day Maximum Enforcement period
- Northern California Volcano Expert