UPDATE: 2:45 p.m. Wednesday, October 2, 2019 - Butte County Sheriff's Office released the identity of the fatal crash on Highway 149 around 10:15 p.m. Oct. 1.
17-year-old Odilon Zaragosa of Chico died due to the crash.
OROVILLE, Calif.- Investigators are working to learn the identity of a man who died in a crash on Highway 149 near Oroville.
It happened on the highway going southbound between highway 99 and Shippee Road.
California Highway Patrol responded to the scene around 10:15 p.m. on Tuesday night.
Investigators say the van the man was driving slammed into the guardrail, went off the road, rolled, and landed upside down near a creek.
CalTrans workers were investigating the damaged guardrail and discovered the crash.
Investigators are not yet sure what time the crash occurred.
- Investigators release identity of man killed in crash near Oroville
- Identity Released of Man Killed by Amtrak Train in Chico
- One Man Killed in Crash Near Oroville
- Identity Released of Pedestrian Killed by Train in Redding
- Investigators release identities of double fatal Highway 44 crash in Redding
- Authorities investigating deadly crash in Oroville
- Oroville Homicide Under Investigation
- CHP Oroville learns identity of a hit-and-run suspect
- Authorities identify man killed in Oroville shooting
- Roseville identity theft manhunt