A Chico man has pleaded guilty to production of child pornography.
According to court documents, Nathan Alexander Drury, 39, filmed a 47-second video of a nude child who was under the age of 12.
The video that Drury produced shows the child being sexually abused, according to U.S. Attorney McGregor W. Scott. Scott says the video was filmed between January 1, 2012, and December 1, 2014.
This case is the result of an investigation by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Chico Police Department. The arrest was part of a nationwide initiative launched in May 2006 by the Department of Justice to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse.
Drury has been in custody since he was arrested on March 23, 2015. He is scheduled to be sentenced by U.S. District Judge Garland E. Burrell Jr. on April 6, 2018. He faces a maximum 30 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
- A Chico man pleads guilty in federal court to filming sexual abuse of a child.
- Corning Man Arrested for Sexual Abuse of Child
- Ex-Oklahoma lawmaker pleads guilty to child sex trafficking
- Chico Residents React to Federal Court Ruling on Homeless
- Arrest Made in Attempted Sexual Abuse of a Child
- Suspect Arrested for Sexual Abuse of a Child
- Former Chico High teacher pleads guilty to molesting student
- Former Chico High School teacher pleads guilty to molesting student
- UPDATED: Homeless man who allegedly assaulted elderly man in Chico pleaded not guilty, but competency challenged
- Colusa man pleads guilty to killing migratory birds